SEA'S THE DAY COTTAGE
The Sea's the Day Cottage, located on Daufuskie Island, has beautiful views from all sides. From your front porch, you can catch a glimpse of the ocean. From your back porch, you share a lovely and huge backyard backing up to a marsh.
And the location really can't be beat! You are within a two minute walk to the beach.
This cottage has everything you will need for an enjoyable vacation experience. When you first enter the cottage, you are greeted by an open floor plan with a comfortable living room, dining area, and adjoining kitchen.
The two spacious bedrooms are each comfortably furnished with two queen-sized beds in one bedroom and a king in the second bedroom; TVs, and private bathrooms.
And you will want to check out your back porch overlooking a backyard with occasional wildlife. There is not a better place to relax and enjoy the end of the day: Pina Coladas, anyone?
Please note that a well-behaved canine member of the family will be considered; pet fee will apply.
Many visitors enjoy touring the island and your property manager can help facilitate a rental cart.
BENEFITS OF THE SEA'S THE DAY COTTAGE
– Great location! Located in Daufuskie Island's popular Melrose cottage community. See the ocean from the front of your cottage.
– A well-behaved canine family member is welcome, although a pet fee is required.
– Huge backyard
– High speed Internet
– King Size bed in one bedroom; Two Queen beds in the other; Private baths for both
"Our cottage was just as presented, very clean and appealing. Set up w several spices and lots of good quality utensils in the kitchen. The yard and beach area we perfect for walks and sunbathing. My daughter and daughter-in-law and myself thoroughly enjoyed our time together at the cottage and our travels about the island on our golf cart. The arrangements to and from the island were seem less. Captain Dan was wonderful to work with. Communication with the management was timely and efficient."
"DRG are fantastic to work with, always offering prompt, accurate, and courteous response and service. This year we stayed at the Sea Breeze condo and found it perfect for traveling with kids – plenty of space, a pool, and direct beach access."
"The cottage was exactly as described and exceeded our expectations. Most impressive to me was the communication. We received a phone call before we arrived to answer any last minute questions, they contacted us after we entered the cottage to see if we needed anything. There was a minor technical issue in the cottage and their response was immediate. My interaction with DRG was a big part of making this trip good."
"Deborah Smith and staff were so welcoming and accommodating! Upon our arrival at our cottage everything was clean and beautiful! Deborah even supplied us with a high chair and pack n play. She went out of her to make sure we had everything we needed. There is something magical about Daufuskie – the beauty of the island, the carefree bohemian attitudes – all so hard to leave! We loved the beaches, wildlife, the fun out of the way trips to little galleries, the music and laughter and games at Freeport Marina. Daufuskie! What's not to love?? Now our problem is to figure out when we get to go back."
“We are more than pleased with our vacation on Daufuskie! Deborah went above and beyond! She checked on us during a storm and she was in constant communication. We have 3 young kids and she made sure we were all taken care of. She even got groceries for us to make sure we had enough. This house is so quaint and perfect. Has all you need….Thank you for a great trip and we WILL be back!”
"We could not have been happier! Not only was our villa the perfect location for our visit to Daufuskie Island, but the grounds and condo were beautiful! The condo had gorgeous views from the wrap around porch of the ocean and was the perfect place to enjoy dining. The interior was tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished. Just a few short steps away was the beach and pool area. The property manager was amazing and invaluable to us. Every detail of the trip was worked out with her help and dedication to assuring that this was a wonderful vacation. We could not be more pleased with our stay!"
1) Daufuskie Rental Group makes a good faith effort to describe island amenities, including restaurants and pools. However, please note that we are not responsible for the availability of amenities that we do not operate and that are beyond our control. Please contact the vendors directly for rates, days and hours of operation.
2) Your rental agreement contract's cancellation policy states that we are not responsible for events that are beyond our control, such as hurricanes. We strongly encourage our guests to purchase travel insurance, and especially recommend "cancel for any reason" policies. (These must be purchased shortly after your reservation is made.)
3) Please note that because the Melrose Resort is in transition, our Melrose guests may notice a certain level of deterioration in the resort-owned buildings but will also see that renovation efforts are now underway. Our vacation cottages are in well-maintained areas and continue to be extremely popular.
4) Restaurant days and hours of operation vary seasonally and by business. We highly encourage all renters contact the business directly for operational times during their stay dates.
If you booked on or after May 4th, 2022, Daufuskie Rental Group is no longer offering included golf carts with properties. Please disregard any included golf cart verbiage, as we are in the process of removing.